You have no items in your shopping basket.
This online Multi-Sensory Impairment training course covers the following:
- Define sensory impairment/sensory loss (including deafness, blindness and deaf-blindness)
- Have an awareness of the commonly used terminologies to describe the sensory loss
- Have a knowledge of the statistics relating to blindness, deafness and deaf-blindness in the UK
- Have aware of some of the causes of sensory impairment
- Be able to recognise sensory impairment
- Have an awareness of the impact of different sensory losses on the individual
- The use of effective communication tactics to improve our interaction with and care for those who have sensory impairments
- Tips on how to maximise communication with people who have sensory impairments (including practical communication)
- The importance of equipment training and environmental adjustment
- Alternative ways of accessing information relating to sensory impairment
- Helpful organisations, equipment, and websites, for those with a sensory impairment
- Further training opportunities available for carers and other health and social care workers.