Dementia Awareness Training | Dementia Training | Online CPD Course
Dementia Awareness Training | Online CPD Course - E-Learning | Dementia Training Course
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online dementia awareness training course. This dementia training course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Skills for Care's Care Certificate and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Who is this dementia awareness training course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s dementia awareness eLearning course was developed for individuals who look after or support people who have dementia.
This dementia training course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This online dementia awareness training course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff
This dementia awareness online training course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online dementia awareness training course covers the main points relating to dementia. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Course aims and objectives
This dementia training course is aimed at individuals as well as health and social care staff to improve awareness of the importance of interacting with people who have dementia in a sensitive and understanding manner. This elearning course explains what dementia is, including the changes and symptoms and best practice for those who have caring roles.
On completion of this dementia training online, you will be able to:
- Define the term ‘dementia’
- Have an awareness of the prevalence of dementia in the UK population.
- Identify signs of dementia and also explain how these signs may be associated with other conditions or circumstances.
- Explain why early diagnosis of dementia is important.
- Support people who have dementia so that they can live fulfilling lives with their diagnosis
- understand that each individual is unique and that dementia will not affect people in exactly the same way
- Have an understanding of the impact of dementia on individuals living with dementia, their families, friends and society as a whole
- Describe the changes that people with dementia and their families experience
- Explain the many factors which influence the experience of living with dementia
- Describe person-centred approaches to caring
- Understand the importance of effective communication and showing compassion to people who have dementia
- Understand that signs of frustration and distress by a person who has dementia may be a means to communicate unmet needs
- Be able to signpost individuals, families and carers to dementia advice, support and information
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online dementia training course?
- What is dementia?
- What causes dementia
- Types of dementia
- Person-centred dementia care
- Dementia and existing health conditions
- Dementia effects on family and friends
- Changes brought about by dementia
- Positive aspects
- Where to get support
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online dementia awareness training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online dementia awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this dementia awareness e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge, experience and awareness of dementia awareness in the workplace and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this dementia awareness training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Payment and additional information
After adding your dementia awareness e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. You can also make a secure payment through PayPal.
Once you have purchased your dementia awareness online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within 24 hours of purchase.
What is dementia?
"The word dementia describes a set of symptoms that may include memory loss and difficulties with thinking, problem-solving or language. Dementia is caused when the brain is damaged by diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease or a series of strokes"
Why is dementia training important?
This dementia awareness training course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
It is essential that those who look after or support people with dementia have a good awareness of dementia, including:
- Awareness of what dementia is
- Awareness of what dementia is not, and how this can affect individuals
- Awareness of the symptoms of dementia
- Knowledge of other conditions that may be mistaken for dementia
- How to reduce the risks that are associated with dementia
- Why an early diagnosis of dementia is important
- How the lives of people living with dementia can be improved
- The importance of a person-centred approach in dementia
- The impact of dementia on the individual, their families, friends and wider society
- The importance of effective communication and showing compassion
- Awareness of the signs of distress and how to minimise distress
Dementia awareness training - meeting employers' legal obligations
The Mandatory Training Group's online dementia awareness training courses help UK employers and employees alike to fulfil their obligations for people living with dementia. Our dementia training courses provide the essential knowledge and understanding as required by regulatory authorities.
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s dementia awareness training course?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
√ National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner √ UK accredited e learning provider √ nationally recognised CPD certificates √ SCORM compliant elearning courses √ TIN CAN compliant e-learning courses √ interactive online learning courses √ free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations √ competitively priced online training courses √ meet UK compliance requirements √ reduce organisational carbon footprint √ immediate access to online learning materials √ minimise travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training √ minimise hours and days spend away in classroom training √ download or print CPD certificates on completion
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With out interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.