TQUK Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF)
The TQUK Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (QCF) is regulated by Ofqual. It is supported by Proskills.
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent. This qualification is approved for delivery to learners of all ages from 14 -16 upwards.
Minimum Guided Learning Hours (Recommended Duration):
The recommended guided learning hours for this qualification are a minimum of 10.
Who is this course for?
This Level 3 Award in Safe Moving and Handling should be completed by learners wanting to undertake training or to further develop their knowledge and/or skills in safe moving and handling. Learners who participate in any level of manual handling in the workplace or in their day to day lives. This qualification covers how to move and handle objects in a safe way and minimize the risk of injury to yourself and others when undertaking manual tasks.
Why do you need this course?
The Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling QCF provides learners with the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to apply safe manual handling principles. This qualification is intended for learners wanting to undertake training or to further develop their knowledge and/or skills in this subject area. The objectives of the qualification include:
- preparing learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding.
- preparing learners to progress to a qualification in another subject area.
- giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning.
Course Aims & Learning Outcomes;
At the end of this course you will:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
After completing this course the learner can:
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
- Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when;
- a. applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own
- b. when using manual handling aids and equipment
- c. when undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team
How am I Assessed for this Qualification:
This qualification is assessed through activities, which are developed by the centre, internally marked and sampled as part of quality assurance/ internal verification procedures. Recording documents can be found on the TQUK Management Suite. The assessment and quality assurance process will be subject to external quality assurance/verification by TQUK. The recommended assessment methods for this qualification are:-
- Practical Demonstration
- Group Discussion
- Case study
- Written assignment
- Observation of learner’s skills
- Question and answer sessions
- Multiple choice question paper
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass - there is no grading.
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
Certification: ( Picture of certificate )
After adding your preferred courses to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a payment using all major credit and debit cards as well as making secure payment through PayPal if the buyer has an active account.
Our Coventry Training Centre | Regal Training
QCF qualifications are delivered daily at our fully equipped training centre in Coventry. We can also deliver QCF training for a group at your own venue (any suitable venue in the UK), please contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via email.
Full Address: Regal Training Centre; The TechnoCentre; Puma Way; Coventry University Technology Park; Coventry; CV1 2TT; Tel 024 7610 0090
* Free Onsite Parking * Nearby Transport Links * Free Refreshments; Onsite Costa Cafe; Onsite Hot Meals
Why train with Regal Training?
Regal Training is a leading provider of accredited mandatory training courses including health and safety courses, healthcare training courses, health and social care training courses, homecare training, online training courses, management courses and clinical skills workshops among many others. We are a National Skills Academy for Health National Delivery Partner and also a range of Qualifications and Credit Framework courses in collaboration with various awarding bodies.
All our online training courses are CPD accredited and comply with the requirements of all CQC regulated organisations, including NHS Trusts, care homes, nursing homes and residential homes, hospices and many others, as well as recruitment agencies and agency workers. All our healthcare and social care courses are compliant with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines, National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and many other regulatory organisations.