TQUK Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)
The TQUK Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF) is regulated by Ofqual and is supported by Skills for Health. This Ofqual approved QCF qualification can be delivered at any suitable venue in the UK. Please contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or by email stating your training requirements.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be at least 16 years of age at certification.
What is the course duration?
How many training delegates per workshop?
Maximum of 12
How long is the certificate valid for?
This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, after which learners will need to repeat the qualification, however it is highly recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually, especially if they have patient facing roles.
Who is this course for?
Learners looking to fulfill a role within the workplace or for personal growth. This QCF qualification is particularly recommended as training for first aiders in the workplace who have access to a defibrillator. The course is based on the latest cardiopulmonary resuscitation guidelines and standards for clinical practice.
Why do you need this course?
This qualification is intended for learners wanting to undertake training or to further develop their knowledge and/or skills in this subject area. The objectives of the qualification include meeting relevant programmes of learning, supporting a role in the workplace and giving learners personal growth and engagement in learning. It is recommended as training for first aiders in the workplace who have access to a defibrillator. Learners achieving this qualification will understand the role that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation play in the chain of survival. They will understand the importance of maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
What are the course aims & learning outcomes?
At the end of this course you will:
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national Resuscitation Council (UK) cardiopulmonary resuscitation guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- understand the legal aspects and individual/professional decisions relating to cardiopulmonary resuscitation
After completing this course the learner can:
- Describe the principles that underpin basic life support
- Explain the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed
- Explain why early intervention is necessary
- Describe different types of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation steps and techniques
- Demonstrate compression only resuscitation
- Demonstrate the use of resuscitation barrier devices
- Demonstrate how to manage a choking casualty
- Demonstrate the use of an automated external defibrillator
- Describe the differences when using an automated external defibrillator on a child
- Demonstrate how to place a casualty in the recovery position
- Identify the risks when placing a casualty in the recovery position
- Describe handover and reporting procedures
- Identify when a defibrillator battery requires changing
- Identify when electrode pads need replacing
- Demonstrate how to troubleshoot problems if the automated external defibrillator does not function correctly
- Describe the safety considerations when using AED’s
How am I assessed for this qualification?
This qualification is assessed through activities, developed by Regal Training and meeting stringent Ofqual criteria. The assessments are internally marked and sampled as part of internal and external quality assurance/ internal verification procedures. Our assessments meet the requirements of the Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications and Skills for Health's QCF Assessment Principles. The recommended assessment methods for this qualification are:-
- Practical demonstration - The practical assessment of learners for the qualification is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical skills across a number of areas.
- Oral/written questions - Learners will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding by answering a range of questions relating to the assessment criteria.
- Assessments may also include typical cardiopulmonary resuscitation scenarios using actors, CPR videos and written case studies
All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a Pass - there is no grading.
What are the opportunities for future progression?
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- TQUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
- Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (QCF)
Ofqual Approved QCF Certification:
After adding your preferred courses to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a payment using all major credit and debit cards as well as making secure payment through PayPal if the buyer has an active account.
Our Coventry Training Centre | Mandatory Training
QCF qualifications are delivered daily at our fully equipped training centre in Coventry. We can also deliver QCF training for a group at your own venue (any suitable venue in the UK), please contact our Support Team on 024 7610 0090 or via email.
Full Address: Regal Training Centre; The TechnoCentre; Puma Way; Coventry University Technology Park; Coventry; CV1 2TT; Tel 024 7610 0090
* Nearby Transport Links * Free Refreshments; Onsite Costa Cafe; Onsite Hot Meals
Why train with Mandatory Training?
Mandatory Training is a leading UK provider of accredited mandatory training courses including health and safety courses, healthcare training courses, health and social care training courses, homecare training, online training courses, management courses and clinical skills workshops among many others. We are a National Skills Academy for Health National Delivery Partner and also a range of Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) courses in collaboration with various awarding bodies.
All our online training courses are CPD accredited and comply with the requirements of all CQC regulated organisations, including NHS Trusts, care homes, nursing homes and residential homes, hospices and many others, as well as recruitment agencies and agency workers. All our healthcare and social care courses are compliant with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines, National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and many other regulatory organisations.