Safeguarding Adults Training | In-House Booking
Safeguarding Adults Training | In-House Booking | Face to Face Course
Any suitable UK venue | Up to 15 delegates allowed | 4 Hour duration | Includes free online course
The safeguarding vulnerable adults course learning outcomes are based on the Skills for Health’s Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for regulated health and social care environments (as well as other relevant safeguarding adults legislation and professional guidance).
Who is this safeguarding vulnerable adults training course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s safeguarding adults classroom based course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This also includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This face to face safeguarding adults course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This face to face safeguarding vulnerable adults course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This face to face safeguarding adults CPD course covers the main points relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults in health and social care settings. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
This Safeguarding Adults training course is delivered over 4 hours (Half-Day) at any suitable UK venue for a maximum of 15 delegates.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide an understanding of the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
- To provide an awareness of individual and professional responsibilities to support vulnerable adults in a way that lets them make their own choices about their lives
- To prevent harm and reduce the risk of neglect or abuse to adults with living with care and support needs
- To raise awareness so that health and social care staff and professionals understand ways to identifying, responding and preventing abuse and neglect.
- To provide essential safeguarding vulnerable adults training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
What is covered in this face to face course?
- An introduction to the key principles of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Why safeguarding vulnerable adults is important
- An awareness of the relevant legislation in relation to safeguarding vulnerable adults
- An understanding of who is a vulnerable adult
- Why safeguarding vulnerable adults is everybody's responsibility
- Why we need to promote dignity, rights and respect when delivering health care services to adults
- Impact of the healthcare environment on dignity and rights
- What we can do to help vulnerable people to keep themselves safe
- What we can do to support vulnerable people to exercise choice and control
- Definition of abuse (in relation to the protection of vulnerable adults)
- An awareness of the main categories of abuse
- Understanding who is at risk of abuse
- An awareness that abuse can occur anywhere
- An understanding of who can commit abuse
- Why it is important to be able to identify the signs of abuse
- Understanding why abuse happens
- Knowing what to do if you become aware of abuse
- Knowing things to avoid regarding abuse
- Knowing what to record, how report and share information about abuse
- Understanding what happens after a safeguarding referral
- Understanding that we have a duty to report wrongdoing under 'whistle blowing'
- Understanding our individual responsibilities regarding abuse
- Where to find useful resources and information about safeguarding vulnerable adults (FREE online safeguarding learning resources)
How am I assessed and certified for this face to face course?
At the end of this face to face safeguarding adults training course, learners will be assessed by one of our subject experts. If the assessor feels the delegate has fully understood all subjects and topics and has contributed during the course, the delegate will be successfully certified.
We can also provide an online Safeguarding Adults training course. If you require an online CPD course, please click here.
Payment and additional booking information
You will be required to add relevant details of your booking, such as; suitable UK venue, how many delegates, the delegates workplace roles and backgrounds. This course is for a maximum of 15 candidates.
After adding your safeguarding adults face to face course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. You can also make a secure payment through PayPal.
Once you have successfully made your purchase, you will be contacted straight away by our training support team.
Benefits of The Mandatory Training Group’s safeguarding adults training
√ National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner √ UK accredited e-learning provider √ nationally recognised CPD certificates √ interactive online learning courses √ free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations √ competitively priced online training courses
Safeguarding Adults Training | In-House Booking | Training for Healthcare | The Mandatory Training Group