Moving & Handling of People & Objects Training | In-House Booking
Moving & Handling of People & Objects Training | In-House Booking | Face to Face Course
Any suitable UK venue | Up to 15 delegates allowed | 4 Hour duration | Includes free online course
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's classroom based moving and handling training course. This moving and handling course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in line with the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations and the Health and Safety Executive guidance on manual handling.
Who is this moving and handling training course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s moving and handling face to face course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff who undertake manual handling tasks. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This moving and handling training is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This moving and handling face to face course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This face to face moving and handling training course covers the main points relating to safe manual handling of loads (including moving and handling of people). It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
This Moving & Handling of People & Objects training course is delivered over 4 hours (Half-Day) at any suitable UK venue for a maximum of 15 delegates.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide an clear understanding on the legislation regarding moving and handling
- To help learners understand the risks of poor moving and handling
- To provide an awareness of recommended ergonomic techniques to minimise manual handling injuries in practice
- To inform learners how safely carry out manual handling tasks
- To provide essential manual handling training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
What is covered in this face to face course?
- An introduction to the key principles of moving and handling
- An overview of why ergonomic moving and handling is important
- What the law says about moving and handling
- The actions that organisations should take to promote a safer workforce (organisational responsibilities)
- Individual responsibilities with respect to moving and handling (individual responsibilities)
- Definition of manual handling
- Why we need to understand how our spine and back work
- An awareness of the most common moving and handling injuries
- How healthcare workers can promote healthy back care
- Recommended ergonomic approaches to risk assessments (LITE/TILE)
- Other moving and handling risk factors
- The principles of safer moving and handling of people
- Actions to take following a moving and handling risk assessment:
- The Health and Safety Executive's (HSE) 'Numerical Guidelines for Lifting and Lowering Loads'
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines for handling whilst seated
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) pushing and pulling guidelines
- Key things to remember when team handling
- Moving and handling information sources (online manual handling learning resources)
How am I assessed and certified for this face to face course?
At the end of this face to face moving and handling training course, learners will be assessed by one of our subject experts. If the assessor feels the delegate has fully understood all subjects and topics and has contributed during the course, the delegate will be successfully certified.
We can also provide an online Moving and Handling training course. If you require an online CPD course, please click here.
Payment and additional booking information
You will be required to add relevant details of your booking, such as; suitable UK venue, how many delegates, the delegates workplace roles and backgrounds. This course is for a maximum of 15 candidates.
After adding your moving and handling face to face course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. You can also make a secure payment through PayPal.
Once you have successfully made your purchase, you will be contacted straight away by our training support team.
Benefits of The Mandatory Training Group’s moving & handling of people & objects training
√ National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner √ UK accredited e-learning provider √ nationally recognised CPD certificates √ interactive online learning courses √ free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations √ competitively priced online training courses
Moving and Handling Training | In-House Booking | Training for Healthcare | The Mandatory Training Group