You have no items in your shopping basket.
This online Moving and Handling People training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of moving and handling,
- An overview of why ergonomic moving and handling is important,
- What the law says about moving and handling,
- The actions that organisations should take to promote a safer workforce (organisational responsibilities),
- Individual responsibilities concerning moving and handling (individual responsibilities),
- Definition of manual handling,
- Why we need to understand how our spine and back work,
- An awareness of the most common moving and handling injuries,
- How healthcare workers can promote healthy back care,
- Recommended ergonomic approaches to risk assessments (LITE/TILE),
- Other moving and handling risk factors,
- The principles of safer moving and handling of people,
Actions to take following a moving and handling risk assessment:
- The Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) ‘Numerical Guidelines for Lifting and Lowering Loads’,
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines for handling while seated, and
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) pushing and pulling guidelines.
- Key things to remember when team handling and
- Moving and handling information sources.