Infection Prevention & Control Training | Level 2 Online CPD Course
Infection Prevention & Control Training | Online CPD Course | The Mandatory Training Group
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online infection prevention and control training course. This infection control e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Who is this infection prevention and control training course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s infection prevention and control eLearning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This infection prevention and control course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff
This infection control eLearning course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online infection prevention and control training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online training course covers the main points relating to infection prevention and control. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding infection prevention and control
- Provide an awareness of the inherent risks to health and social care workers
- Improve the learner’s understanding of local policies and procedures
- Provide an awareness of what to do in emergency situations
- To provide essential infection prevention and control training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online course?
- An introduction to infection prevention and control
- Why infection prevention and control is important
- Healthcare associated infections (HAIs)
- The ‘chain of infection' and how to 'break the chain'
- Standard/universal precautions for infection prevention and control
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste
- Safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments
- Effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps
- Management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation's (WHO) 'Five Moments' for hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques
- Appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of healthcare workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional information about infection prevention and control (online learning resources)
Assessment and certification
At the end of this infection prevention and control training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online infection prevention & control training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this infection control e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- Your prior knowledge and experience about health and safety awareness and infection prevention in the workplace and related regulations
- How quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- How much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this infection control training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Payment and additional information
After adding your infection control e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. You can also make a secure payment through PayPal.
Once you have purchased your infection control online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within 24 hours of purchase.
Why is infection prevention & control training important?
This infection control e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Infection control training - meeting employers' legal obligations
The Mandatory Training Group's online infection control course helps UK employers and employees alike to fulfil the health and safety regulations. Our infection control courses provide the essential knowledge and understanding as required by regulatory authorities.
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s infection control training course?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
√ National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner √ UK accredited e learning provider √ nationally recognised CPD certificates √ SCORM compliant elearning courses √ TIN CAN compliant e-learning courses √ interactive online learning courses √ free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations √ competitively priced online training courses √ meet UK compliance requirements √ reduce organisational carbon footprint √ immediate access to online learning materials √ minimise travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training √ minimise hours and days spend away in classroom training √ download or print CPD certificates on completion
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With out interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.