Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Training | In-House Booking
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Training | In-House Booking | Face to Face Course
Any suitable UK venue | Up to 15 delegates allowed | 4 Hour duration | Includes free online course
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's classroom based equality, diversity and inclusion training course. This face to face equality, diversity and inclusion course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations and the requirements of other relevant legislation.
What is equality?
"Equality means treating everyone with fairness and respect and recognising the needs of individuals. It is about addressing existing disadvantages affecting how people participate in society"
What is diversity?
"Diversity means recognising, valuing and taking account of people's different backgrounds, knowledge, skills, needs and experiences. It is also about encouraging and using those differences to create a cohesive community and effective workforce"
What is inclusion?
"Inclusion means involving people within a group or within society"
What is discrimination?
"Discrimination means to exclude people because of their differences. It involves treating people differently because of assumptions made about a person or group of people based on their differences"
Who is this equality, diversity and inclusion training for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s equality, diversity and inclusion face to face course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants. This face to face equality & diversity course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff
This equality, diversity and inclusion face to face course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online equality and diversity training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This face to face equality, diversity and inclusion course covers the main points relating to equality legislation. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
This Equality, Diversity and Inclusion training course is delivered over 4 hours (Half-Day) at any suitable UK venue for a maximum of 15 delegates.
Course aims and objectives
- To inform learners on factors to consider with regards to equality, diversity, human rights and inclusion
- To provide an clear understanding on the key legislation regarding human rights, equality and anti-discrimination
- To provide essential equality and diversity training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
What is covered in this face to face course?
- An introduction to equality, diversity and human rights
- Why awareness of equality, diversity and human rights is important in the health and social care sectors
- The meaning of equality, diversity and human rights (and other key terms)
- An awareness of the Equality Act 2010
- An understanding of the general duties of the Equality Act 2010
- Protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010
- Definitions and practical applications of fairness and equality
- How to judge what is 'reasonable' in terms of the Equality Act
- How can health and social care organisations can promote an inclusive approach
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- An understanding of human rights under the Human Rights Act
- An understanding of absolute and non-absolute rights
- A human rights based approach to delivering healthcare services
- An awareness of the F.R.E.D.A core principles when delivering services:
- What the law says about discrimination
- The main forms of discrimination (including institutional discrimination)
- An understanding of workplace bullying and harassment
- The basis of discrimination and the 'ladder of prejudice'
- How to challenge prejudice and discrimination within the workplace
- Reporting discrimination and harassment
- Benefits of an effective approach to tackling discrimination
- Individual responsibilities with regards to equality, diversity and human rights
- Organisational responsibilities with regards to equality, diversity and human rights
How am I assessed and certified for this face to face course?
At the end of this face to face equality, diversity & inclusion course, learners will be assessed by one of our subject experts. If the assessor feels the delegate has fully understood all subjects and topics and has contributed during the course, the delegate will be successfully certified.
We can also provide an online Equality, Diversity & Inclusion training course. If you require an online CPD course, please click here.
Payment and additional booking information
You will be required to add relevant details of your booking, such as; suitable UK venue, how many delegates, the delegates workplace roles and backgrounds. This course is for a maximum of 15 candidates.
After adding your equality, diversity & inclusion face to face course to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. You can also make a secure payment through PayPal.
Once you have successfully made your purchase, you will be contacted straight away by our training support team.
Benefits of The Mandatory Training Group’s equality, diversity & inclusion training
√ National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner √ UK accredited e-learning provider √ nationally recognised CPD certificates √ interactive online learning courses √ free blended learning environment for individuals and organisations √ competitively priced online training courses
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Training | In-House Booking | Training for Healthcare | The Mandatory Training Group