Basic life support CPR trainer course materials - Trainer pack
Basic life support CPR trainer course materials - Trainer pack for BLS training - Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines (2015)
Our basic life support + cardiopulmonary resuscitation training materials were developed by experienced healthcare professionals who have worked in various sectors including acute NHS Trusts, private hospitals, ambulance services, social care sector and UK universities.
All our basic life support trainer packs were developed in line with the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) that were published in October 2015. By using our CPR training materials, health and social care organisations will meet compliance requirements of the Care Certificate Standard 12 and Care Quality Commission (CQC) key lines of enquiry (KLOEs) relating to safety. This BLS & CPR trainer pack is also aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
Course duration: N/A
Entry requirements: Dependent on the tutor's background/experience, previous education and local organisational policy (click here to see standard trainer requirements)
Practical entry requirements: Tutor should be certified to deliver both theoretical and practical learning outcomes as stated in the Skills for Health UK CSTF and the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
Accredited award: Course materials and certificate template for Resuscitation Level 1 & Level 2
Accredited certification: Dependent on the tutor's local organisational policy (click here to see standard trainer requirements)
Support: Tutor will continue to receive support via our online learning portal and email updates
What's included in the trainer pack?: All the training materials you need to successfully run basic life support training sessions at level 2 and Level 2 (see full list below)
Practical basic life support: If you require certification for practical basic life support train the trainer, please get in touch with our Support Team on 024 76100090 or via Email stating you practical resuscitation training requirements.
What is included in this BLS/CPR trainer pack?
Our comprehensive basic life support trainer packs provide the busy first aid/resuscitation tutor with up to date teaching materials and regulatory updates. Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing our training packs. Your trainer pack will include the following:
- login details to our learner management portal;
- an online (printable) step by step guide trainer manual;
- guideline compliant training materials (including downloadable PowerPoint, electronic workbooks and activities (printable);
- printable handouts;
- printable multiple choice question papers for assessments;
- printable course evaluation forms;
- downloadable and editable certificate template;
- upload your own logo on your very own cloud-based learner management portal.
***If you would like to assess and certify your delegates using our cloud-based online learner management portal, please contact our Support Team on 02476100090 or via Email stating your requirements. You can set up your own blended learner portal for FREE.
The basic life support trainer materials care suitable for:
- Independent training trainers/freelance healthcare trainers
- health and social care training providers
- health and social care providers (large and small)
- domiciliary care providers
- private healthcare providers
- mental health and disability charities
- hospices and palliative care providers
- residential care homes and nursing homes
- dementia care homes and respite care providers
- nurseries, schools, further education colleges
- NHS organisations
There are many advantages of using our basic life support/resuscitation trainer/training materials including:
- comprehensive PowerPoint slides to facilitate your BLS training
- training materials based on the latest research and best practice
- training materials based on latest guidance and UK legislation
- add your own logo and organisational details
- ongoing support for registered trainers/tutors for your peace of mind
- interactive activities and assessment tools
- provide unlimited internal and external training sessions
- unlimited self-print self-print certificates, workbooks and handouts
Our training packs are aligned to the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and Skills for Care's Care Certificate.
The Care Certificate was jointly developed by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health in line with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines. Our basic life support trainer packs meet the regulatory requirements set out by CQC as part of their inspection regime.
Ho do I deliver training using the BLS trainer pack?
The Mandatory Training Group's basic life support trainer materials can be delivered to suit your own organisational requirements. This will be based on the experience and previous training undertaken, e.g., 3-4 hours for an experienced group of delegates and 6-7 hours induction training for those new to health and social care.
Payments for this basic life support/resuscitation trainer pack can be made online (at the top of this page) using our secure online payment system or over the phone on 02476100090.
If you require additional information about this BLS trainer pack or other train the trainer course packages, please contact our Support Team on 02476100090 via Email.
The registered trainer will be able to deliver resuscitation training covering the following:
- Knowing what action should be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at work
- Has been taught and practised cardiopulmonary resuscitation methods
- Has been taught and practised dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Has been taught and practised with regard to correct AED use
- Knowing the correct actions to take with regard to control of wounds and bleeding
- Knowing the action to take on a range of other first aid situations
- Knowing how first aid stocks should be maintained and the contents of boxes
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- List Actions to be taken in the event of an emergency occurring at work
- Use cardiopulmonary resuscitation methods, including use of an AED
- Provide first aid to an unconscious casualty
- Provide first aid to a choking casualty
- Describe the correct actions to control of wounds and bleeding
- Train others in emergency first aid basic life support requirements within their healthcare working environment
- Lead a practical based group training session on basic life support
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group's BLS trainer packs?
The Mandatory Training Group are the leading UK providers of train the trainer courses for all statutory and mandatory training subjects including:
- Basic life support/resuscitation
- First aid at work and emergency first aid
- Safe use of the automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Anaphylaxis (including paediatric anaphylaxis)
- Manual handling of objects
- Safe moving and handling of people
- Fire safety training
- Health and safety training for health and social care
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- Equality, diversity and human rights
- Infection prevention and control
- Food safety/food hygiene awareness
- Information governance/Caldicott principles
- Conflict resolution/conflict management
- Complaints handling
- Lone working
- Care Certificate assessors
- All in one day mandatory training
- Skills for Health UK CSTF aligned mandatory training
All our trainer training resources are developed and reviewed by experienced healthcare and social care professionals who have worked in various hospital, community and university settings.
Join the growing list of thousands of freelance trainers, health and social care providers and UK national training providers who use The Mandatory Training Group's trainer materials and online learning resources.
If you require new content or training materials for your organisation, please contact our Support Team to see how we can help you. We have content development teams across all majors UK cities and regions including Manchester, Coventry and London.