Quality Assurance Verifier
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited courses and Ofqual approved qualifications, including statutory and mandatory training, health and safety, food safety, first aid, safeguarding adults and children, equality and diversity, MS Office, IT and cybersecurity, soft skills, leadership and management.
Based from home, working in your geographical region remotely delivering training on the employers’ premises and other dispersed environments.
Roles and responsibilities
- To ensure the quality of the assessment process, maintaining the integrity of the CiLCA qualification in England and Wales
- To set and monitor minimum standards against which the performance of candidates in achieving the national assessment criteria can be measured
- To ensure equality, fairness, objectivity and consistency in assessing candidates’ performance and providing appropriate feedback to candidates to meet the deadline
- To overmark at least 10% of CiLCA submissions marked by each assessor and plan the necessary actions with the assessor to address any issues that may arise
- To promote and facilitate the assessment ethos set out in The Portfolio Guide
- To decide cases of plagiarism/syndication/collusion and appeals and report outcomes as required
- To act as line manager for the assessors, identify assessors’ training needs, facilitate regular training for assessors and induct new assessors as required
- To keep records including evidence of assessor training and e-mail/telephone discussions and maintain the confidentiality of all personal data
- To provide information as required for quality assurance reviews undertaken by AptEd’s Standards and Quality Improvement Manager and respond to feedback
- To respond to queries and devise and disseminate briefings for CiLCA trainers and assessors sharing good practice and providing guidance and updates for CiLCA
- To work with the officers at the Society of Local Council Clerks (SLCC), the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) and One Voice Wales (OVW) as required
- To submit written reports to the Improvement and Development Board and attend meetings as required.
- To undertake training as required
- To help revise the CiLCA qualification in line with the objectives of the Improvement.
- Training/teaching and assessing qualification
- PTLLS/Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification
- Recognised qualifications in adult health and social care
- Occupational competency in adult health and social care
- Current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Experience in the delivery of Ofqual approved qualifications desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Health and safety experience
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office.