Fire Warden Trainer
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited courses and Ofqual approved qualifications, including statutory and mandatory training, health and safety, food safety, first aid, safeguarding adults and children, equality and diversity, MS Office, IT and cybersecurity, soft skills, leadership and management.
Based from home, working in your geographical region remotely delivering training on the employers’ premises and other dispersed environments.
Mandatory Training Group is currently looking for a Fire Warden Trainer on a locum basis.
The Fire Warden Trainer will provide professional support and advice on Fire Safety across the organisation and will help ensure its obligations in relation to the Regulatory Reform (Fire safety) Order 2005.
Roles and responsibilities
- To prepare presentations, course material online and equipment for various fire safety training sessions
- To deliver a range of fire safety training to all levels of staff
- To provide training to staff in the use of fire extinguishers and evacuation aids
- To provide a range of reports and recommendations as requested by the Fire Safety Compliance Manager and Fire Safety Advisor
- To conduct fire safety audits within both clinical and non-clinical settings
- To assist with the undertaking of fire drills, desktop exercises and evacuation exercises
- To promote a positive safety culture and aspire towards National Best Practice
- To assist in maintaining an accurate and effective filing system for all
- departmental records and ensure associated documentation is kept up to date
- To give technical information to lay persons using appropriate terminology without risk of misunderstanding.
- Ideally, hold membership of an appropriate professional body such as the IFE or IFSM or a willingness to become a member
- Fire Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH
- Experience of working within a fire safety role
- Experience of delivering training
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance associated with fire safety
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills without the risk of misunderstanding
- Able to provide and receive both complex and routine information to/from colleagues and external parties
- Training/teaching and assessing qualification
- PTLLS/Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification
- Recognised qualifications in adult health and safety
- Occupational competency in adult health and safety
- Current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Experience in the delivery of Ofqual approved qualifications desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Health and safety experience
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office.