Fire Safety Trainer
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited courses and Ofqual approved qualifications, including statutory and mandatory training, health and safety, food safety, first aid, safeguarding adults and children, equality and diversity, MS Office, IT and cybersecurity, soft skills, leadership and management.
Based from home, working in your geographical region remotely delivering training on the employers’ premises and other dispersed environments. Mandatory Training Group is currently looking for a Fire Safety Trainer on a locum basis.
The Fire Safety Officer / Trainer will provide professional support and advice on Fire Safety across the organisation and will help ensure its obligations in relation to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare presentations and course materials, as well as equipment for fire safety online training sessions
- Deliver a range of fire safety training to all levels of staff
- Provide training to staff in the use of fire extinguishers and evacuation aids
- Provide a range of reports and recommendations as requested by the Fire Safety Compliance Manager and Fire Safety Advisor
- Conduct fire safety audits within both clinical and non-clinical settings
- Promote a positive safety culture and aspire towards National Best Practice
- Assist in the maintaining of an accurate and effective filing system for all departmental records and ensure that associated documentation is kept up to date.
- Ideally, should hold membership of an appropriate professional body such as the IFE or IFSM or a willingness to become a member
- Fire Safety qualifications, e.g. NEBOSH
- Experience of working within a fire safety role
- Experience of delivering training
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance associated with fire safety
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with no risk of misunderstanding
- Ability to provide and receive both complex and routine information to/from colleagues and external parties
- Ability to give technical information to laypersons using appropriate terminology without risk of misunderstanding
- Training/teaching and assessing qualification
- PTLLS/Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification
- Occupational competency in adult health and safety
- Current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Experience in the delivery of Ofqual approved qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office.