Tutor/Assessor - Accounting
The purpose of this role is to provide the best support for the student by presenting the lesson creatively, identifying gaps in learning, and being proficient in the subject you are delivering. This position varies from one student to the next, depending on the student's age, subject requirements, and development level.
Duties and responsibilities
- To support distance and blended learning
- To assess and mark assignments
- To upload materials to the VLE as required
- To deliver mentor training and standardisation as required
- To support functional skills and portfolio assessment
- To support distance learning students
- To maintain appropriate records, including those required by awarding bodies
- To maintain individual student records
- To contact students regularly and to report unusual findings
- To prepare and present regular student evaluation reports
- To undertake regular course evaluations and report findings
- To attend programme meetings as required
- To carry out an assessment and the marking of candidates' work as laid down in the scheme regulations
- To maintain student records of assessment
- To regularly submit assessments and mark results and student feedback
- To participate in training and retraining in assessment as required by the awarding body
- To maintain contact with the internal verifier
- To upload feedback and grades to the VLE system
- To provide a friendly and supportive service to students, using a range of communication media
- To give support both educationally and pastorally, enabling students to reach their goals
- To ensure that all customers are treated with care and respect and consistent and reliable service is maintained
- To provide constructive feedback, complete mark sheets, and mark and return all student work within agreed timeframes
- To monitor students' work for plagiarism.
- To ensure the security of company assets
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To comply with the company's safeguarding policy and procedure
- To comply with the Equal Opportunities Legislation and be proactive in challenging prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping
- To implement in full the company's quality policies and procedures
- To consult the Company Health and Safety Policy about their specific responsibilities as described in the general arrangements section
- To give consideration to their actions at work as to how they may affect the safety of learners, clients and visitors to company premises
- To support the organisation's core values
- To cooperate with all staff to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and report any risks identified, at the company's or others' premises, to the designated Health and Safety Officer and other duties that may be identified from time to time by the company
- To attend relevant training and personal development programmes.
Continuing Professional Development
- Review and evaluate own skills, knowledge and practice and prioritise areas for development
- Access development needed to carry out own work more effectively and use a range of resources to keep own knowledge, skills and practice up-to-date
- Keep records of own actions, development plans and progress, and use them to support and inform ongoing reflective practice
- Apply new knowledge and skills to consolidate learning, improve own practice, and review the effectiveness of newly acquired knowledge and skills
- Share knowledge, skills and improvements to practice with colleagues where it is likely to be of benefit
- Maintain confidentiality agreements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Teaching Certificate:
- Cert Ed/PGCE
- L3/L4/L5 in Education and Training
- L3 Award in Assessing
- A1 or D32/D33
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
- AAT Professional Level or equivalent
- Have at least 5 years professional experience.
- Experience of delivering training and support
- Experience and proven track record of leading a team
- L4 IQA (IQA Roles)
- V1 or D34
- Willingness to undertake additional training and CPD, as required by the service
- Hold professional membership with ACCA/CIMA.
- IT literate
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with colleagues
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Proactive with willingness to learn
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Willingness to work flexibly in order to meet business needs
- Professional manner and conduct
- Understand either formal or informal teaching within the education sector.
- Knowledge of distance learning assessment platforms.
- Safeguarding knowledge
- Subject matter
- Experience of successfully supporting training and assessing in a variety of contexts.
- Self starter
- Flexible approach
- Team player
- Adapts well to change
- Convey a holistic and person-centred approach to teaching.
- Ability to take a creative approach to teaching online
- Good attendance record.