Safeguarding Children Trainer
The Mandatory Training Group is the leading UK provider of accredited courses and Ofqual approved qualifications, including statutory and mandatory training, health and safety, food safety, first aid, safeguarding adults and children, equality and diversity, MS Office, IT and cybersecurity, soft skills, leadership and management.
Based from home, working in your geographical region remotely delivering training on the employers’ premises and other dispersed environments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Drawing up and enforcing the company’s safeguarding policy
- Being alert to and recognising welfare issues, as well as challenging poor practice
- Sharing appropriate information with relevant people
- Checking the List of Children to see who is subject to a Child Protection Plan
- Gathering any other relevant information and evidence
- Consulting local safeguarding children board procedures for additional information and guidance where necessary
- Making referrals to social services when appropriate
- Continue working with the family, sharing information and contributing to plans if the concern is investigated
- Ensuring that all staff having contact with children, vulnerable adults and/or their families have received appropriate training on safeguarding issues.
- Training/teaching and assessing qualification
- PTLLS/Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification
- Recognised qualifications in adult health and social care
- Occupational competency in adult health and social care
- Current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Experience in the delivery of Ofqual approved qualifications desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Health and safety experience
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office.