- 0 Comment(s)
Online Epilepsy Awareness Training Course | Epilepsy Awareness – Elearning
Epilepsy awareness training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what epilepsy is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is epilepsy?
“Epilepsy is a neurological disorder marked by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, or convulsions, associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain.”
Why is epilepsy awareness training important?
Epilepsy awareness training is very important for health and social care workers who care for people who suffer from epilepsy, it is important that these health and social care workers understand the symptoms of epilepsy and how to help individuals living with epilepsy.
Who should take our epilepsy awareness training course?
Our online epilepsy training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our epilepsy training course?
Our online epilepsy training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into epilepsy awareness
- History of epilepsy
- Symptoms of epilepsy
- Seizure triggers
- How is epilepsy diagnosed?
- What happens in the brain to cause seizures?
- What to do if someone has a seizure
- Status epilepticus
- Pre-and post-seizure activity
- Non-epileptic attack disorder
- Recognising seizures and providing support
- Supporting an individual during a seizure
- What to do in an emergency
- Treatment and lifestyle implications
- Living with epilepsy
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.