- 0 Comment(s)
Online Dual Diagnosis Training Course | Dual Diagnosis – Elearning
Dual diagnosis training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what dual diagnosis is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is dual diagnosis?
"Dual diagnosis is a very broad category. It can range from someone developing mild depression because of binge drinking, to someone's symptoms of bipolar disorder becoming more severe when that person abuses heroin during periods of mania. Either substance abuse or mental illness can develop first.”
Why is dual diagnosis training important?
Dual diagnosis training is a very important topic for health and social care workers to understand, it is important that learners understand how to deal with learners suffering from drinking or drug abuse problems. It is also important that learners understand the way to help individuals suffering from these addictions in a professional manner.
Who should take our dual diagnosis training course?
Our online dual diagnosis training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our dual diagnosis training course?
Our online dual diagnosis training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into dual diagnosis
- Dual diagnosis prevalence
- Mental health problems and substance misuse
- What are the symptoms of dual diagnosis?
- How does dual diagnosis develop?
- What is ‘substance misuse’?
- What are the effects of substance misuse?
- How can dual diagnosis be treated?
- Risk associated with dual diagnosis
- What help is available for dual diagnosis?
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.