- 0 Comment(s)
Online Drug Dosage Calculations Training Course | Drug Dosage Calculations – Elearning
Drug dosage calculations training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what drug dosage calculations is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is drug dosage calculations?
“...Patient safety, including the safe drug administration, is an essential component of nursing practice. Competent drug calculation skills are essential for nurses, a mistake can put patients’ lives at risk the calculation abilities of nursing students continue to be an international problem....”
Why is drug dosage calculations training important?
Drug errors occur for a number of reasons. Most of the drug errors are avoidable if health care staff take additional care and also improve their numeracy skills. Our online drug calculations e-learning course helps to improve your numeracy skills and thus minimise drug errors in practice. Our drug calculation online courses are suitable for any health care practitioner who is involved in the administration of medicines.
Who should take our drug dosage calculations training course?
Our online drug dosage calculations training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our drug dosage calculations training course?
Our online drug dosage calculations training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into drug dosage calculations
- Why are drug calculations important?
- Double-checking calculations
- Numeracy and drug calculations
- Commonly used abbreviations
- Top tips about drug calculations and administration
- Converting units of weight and volume
- Drug dosage calculations and conversions
- Calculating drug concentrations
- Calculating oral doses in tablets
- Drugs in liquid form
- Calculating IV drug doses
- Calculating drip rates for gravity flow infusions
- Calculating infusion rates for infusion devices
- Calculating rates for syringe drivers
- Calculating IV drug doses for children and neonates
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.