- 0 Comment(s)
Online Documentation and Record Keeping Training Course | Documentation and Record Keeping – Elearning
Documentation and record keeping training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what documentation and record keeping is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is documentation and record keeping?
"Documentation and record keeping is the maintenance of health care records by using different methods. It is important that health and social care workers understand how to record patient information correctly.”
Why is documentation and record keeping training important?
Documentation and record keeping is an important subject that all health and social care professionals should understand and implement into their daily roles and responsibilities, it covers topics like the correct way to document patient records and the understanding of why it is important to do so.
Who should take our documentation and record keeping training course?
Our online documentation and record keeping training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our documentation and record keeping training course?
Our online documentation and record keeping training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction to documentation and record keeping
- What are health records
- Why are health records required?
- Keeping adequate health records
- Who can have access to health records?
- Charging for access to health records
- What counts as a health record?
- How long should health records be kept?
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- Data protection principles
- Data protection terminology
- The Data Protection Act 1998 - rights of data subjects
- Storage, security and disposal of health records
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.