- 0 Comment(s)
Online Blood Component Transfusion Course | Blood Component Transfusion – Elearning
Blood component transfusion training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what blood component transfusion is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is blood component transfusion?
"A blood component transfusing is an injection of blood that is previously taken from a healthy individual and then injected into a patient.”
Why is blood component transfusion training important?
Blood component transfusion training is important for all nurses and other individuals that work in health and social care settings, it is important that these individuals understand the risk of a poor blood component transfusion and also how to complete one successfully.
Who should take our blood component transfusion course?
Our online blood component transfusion training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our blood component transfusion training course?
Our online blood component transfusion training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into blood component transfusion
- Safe transfusion practice
- Anatomy and physiology of blood
- Blood groups
- The blood transfusion process
- Administration of blood components
- Care of patient being transfused
- Blood transfusion procedures
- Equipment required for transfusion
- Adverse reactions to a blood transfusion
- Types of acute reactions
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.