- 0 Comment(s)
Online Basic Life Support Training Course | Basic Life Support – Elearning
Basic life support training is a very important topic that all health and social care workers should understand, below is some more information on what basic life support is and why it is important that learners understand it.
What is basic life support?
"Basic life support (BLS) is a level of medical care which is used for victims of life-threatening illnesses or injuries until they can be given full medical care at a hospital. It can be provided by trained medical personnel, including emergency medical technicians, paramedics, and by qualified bystanders"
Why is basic life support training important?
Basic life support consists of several medical procedures provided to patients with life-threatening conditions of the body that cause pain or dysfunction to the person. It is important that learners understand how to deal with these life treating conditions in a professional manner.
Who should take our basic life support training course?
Our online basic life support training course should be taken by all professionals working in health and social care settings, these include nurses, doctors, locum doctors, locum nurses, allied healthcare professionals (AHP’s), healthcare assistants and care home staff.
What is covered in our basic life support training course?
Our online basic life support training course is written to Skills for Health recommendations and includes the following topics:
- An introduction into basic life support
- The chain of survival
- National early warning score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC (Danger, Response, Shout, Airway, Breathing, Circulation)
- Automated external defibrillators
- Basic life support algorithm for children
- Your roles and responsibilities for CPR delivery
- Do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- The recovery position
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group as your eLearning provider?
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With the interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our e-learning course catalogue to find out more about our statutory and mandatory training courses. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.